Research indicates that organic CBD oil can be a remedy for a wide assortment of ailments. Despite the fact that CBD from marijuana is still not legal in all states, when extracted from Hemp it is legal in all 50 states at the federal level. Proponents of this natural product believe that its use is a remedy for symptoms of everything from allergies to Parkinson’s disease, and here are some pros of using CBD Oil…
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the many chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant. Most people associate CBD with marijuana, but that’s not exactly true. Cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are two of the most widely known compounds in the cannabis plant. Both have vastly different effects. THC is the substance in marijuana that gives the “high” effect. CBD also is derived from the cannabis plant but is found in a part of the plant commonly known as hemp. While both substances come from the same plant, they do not have the same effect on the human body.
THC is a psychoactive substance. That means that THC alters the state of mind. CBD does not have this property. However, researchers have found that it does have some beneficial properties.
Why is CBD Oil Good for You?
Medical News Today reports that CBD attaches itself to receptors in the body. All cannabinoids do this. In fact, the human body makes cannabinoids on its own. Human bodies have two main types of cannabinoid receptors: CB1 and CB2. Found primarily in the brain, CB1 receptors manage inflammation and pain. Because of its psychoactive properties, THC targets the CB1 receptors in the brain. CBD makes the body produce more cannabinoids than it would naturally. The immune system has CB2 receptors, which are impacted by CBD. By making the body produce more cannabinoids, CBD is believed to reduce pain and inflammation.
Research has shown that CBD oil has shown positive results for patients suffering from depression and anxiety. Clinical studies show that CBD and other cannabinoids attach to another receptor in the brain. 5-HT resides in the brain and regulates feelings of anxiety. Human and animal tests have shown positive results n the reduction of stress and anxiety in test subjects.
One of the most common uses of CBD oil has been in the relief of symptoms in epilepsy in children. Anecdotal evidence abounds of children whose parents chose alternative therapy to reduce seizures. CBD oil clinical tests show significant results in reducing the number of seizures or stopping them completely.
Why Should I use CBD from Hemp and not Marijuana?
To answer that question, you have to understand that CBD from marijuana is illegal. The DEA defines marijuana as a Schedule 1 narcotic. That is the same classification as heroin. The Controlled Substance Act designates how a chemical or drug is classified based on any medical benefit. Schedule 1 means that the government considers a substance to have zero benefits. However, CBD derived from Hemp is federally legal in all states and does not contain illegal amounts of THC, only trace amounts, and it cannot make you “high”
Types of CBD Oil
Organic CBD oil is usable in several ways, with products sold in different concentrations and forms. It is best that you research all the available products to see what will work best for your lifestyle when researching the pros of using CBD Oil.
- Topicals — Can be used for skin conditions. Many companies offer lotions, lip balm, salves that can aid in inflammation, acne, eczema, or pain relief.
- Tinctures — One of the most common uses of CBD oil, tinctures work best when you place a few drops under your tongue. You should let the oil sit there as long as possible before swallowing.
- Concentrates — If you want the highest dosage, your best option may be a concentrate, typically sold in syringes. Keep in mind, concentrates are not flavored, and the natural taste can be somewhat off putting, but many people like the strong Cannabis taste. Just like a tincture, it is best to let the liquid rest under your tongue or cheek as long as possible before swallowing.
- Vapes — Vaping is said to be one of the least-effective ways to take CBD oil. However, people who smoke CBD oil have found that they can better regulate the dosage by monitoring how they feel. To use CBD this way, you must have a vape pen or vaporizer.
- GelCaps/Capsules — Perhaps the simplest way to take CBD is in capsule form, with a glass of water. This method is easy to incorporate into your daily regimen.
There are other pros of using CBD Oil, and other ways to take CBD oil products. While no one can determine which method is best for you, it is critically important to research dosage recommendations, concentrations, and methods of using CBD oil. Depending on the severity of your ailment, CBD oil is an all natural alternative that may work well for you.