Marijuana reform is sweeping across the United States in amazing ways. While there is little dispute that this new industry is creating both positive and negative repercussion in American culture, what story do the numbers tell?
In this article, we dive into several of marijuana’s most interesting statistics for you to find out.
20 Hemp Statistics
- Many Americans are trying marijuana for the first time. In one national survey, approximately 6,000 Americans per day are trying out the herb for the first time in their lives. (Source: Randomhistory.com)
- Cannabis (another name for marijuana) benefits the rest of the ecosystem its grown in. Every hemp plant grown could actually save 12 trees. (Source: Herb.co)
- It is also quite a hardy plant. Cannabis can grow in almost any environment and averages 1-2 inches of growth per day with a max growth of about 18 feet. (Source: Marijuana World News)
- Bud has deep roots in the internet. The very first online transaction was the purchase and sale of a bag of weed. (Source: CraveOnline)
- .Hemp is even harder than cotton. Hemp leaves are much softer than cotton leaves, and yet they hold up twice as long. (Source: College of Cannabis)
- The Hemp plant is marine friendly too. When resources are scarce, keep your fish tank water in reserve because marijuana can grow with nothing but fish waste. (Source: Theweedblog)
- Cities embracing marijuana are surging in cannabis popularity. There are now more medical dispensaries than Starbucks in Los Angeles and Denver. (Source: Theweedblog)
- Humans have been consuming hemp and marijuana for thousands of years. The first recorded use of hemp and marijuana occurred 4,700 years ago in China. (Source: CraveOnline)
- It’s a no-brainer that plants need soil to grow — or is it? Hemp and Marijuana plants can actually be grown entirely soil-free with the right equipment. (Source: ILGM)
- Hemp and Marijuana has a stellar safety record. The all natural herb is much safer for consumption than alcohol. (Source: Leaf Science)
- Smoke more and weigh less: Rates of obesity are 30% lower in weed-consuming individuals. (Source: Herb.co)
- Although green and marijuana are inseparable in advertising, not all pot is actually green. (Source: IBtimes)
- The first country to legalize marijuana is the most secluded one in the world. Possession, consumption, and even distribution of cannabis are all technically legal in North Korea. (Source: Kickassfacts)
- Marijuana consumption is medicinally useful. Studies show that marijuana can be even more effective for medicinal purposes when eaten rather than smoked. (Source: Positivemed)
- Over 100 known compounds have been identified in marijuana, which may explain why the plant has so many medicinal effects on the human body. (Source: Stonerthings)
- Smoker’s lung definitely does not apply to marijuana. The substance is actually good for your lungs. (Source: Oddee)
- Compared to alcohol, marijuana is much safer on the brain and causes less tissue damage. (Source: Humanhealth)
- It is incredibly hard to die from marijuana overdose. In fact, none have been reported. (Source: IBtimes)
- Hemp has presidential history. Our very first president, George Washington, grew Hemp on his farm. (Source: Positivemed)
- It’s not just for humans. It turns out cats and dogs can also benefit medicinally from marijuana usage as well. (Source: ibtimes)
If you are researching hemp CBD products and looking for a top cbd oil company, consider checking out HempLife Today!